Summer is the best time for salads, and I’ve been loving the simplest of them alongside cuts of roast meat, fishcakes and even solid slices of that English favourite – pork pie. The most important part of the salad is ensuring you use fresh, good quality tasty vegetables, and don’t forget the dressing! This salad is incredibly versatile because you can add almost anything you like to the mix, and it is guaranteed to taste fabulous.
Mix n Match Salad
- 1-2 green leafy vegetables: baby spinach, lambs lettuce
- 1 crunchy vegetable, shredded: beetroot, cucumber, carrot
- 1 sweet addition: pomodorino tomatoes, melon
- a serving of protein: cooked chicken, smoked mackerel,
- a serving of carbohydrate: cooked baby potatoes, fresh crusty bread
- a teaspoon of dressing
Toss all the ingredients together. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.
See? Easy Peasy!