As I said in a recent post, I have been finding it difficult getting out and running regularly. In the last week, there have been budding signs of improvement…I have managed to go out for a run for five consecutive days!
Anyway, nothing spectacular in terms of distances yet, but I’m just glad I’m throwing myself out there. What’s changed? Well, I did take quite a long break from my old running routine, and I’m not back into it yet. I’ve tried to take everything back to the way it was when I first started.
- Not caring about distances covered.
- Slowing down, or walking for a bit up some steep inclines
- Going out when I felt most energetic and motivated – which isn’t necessarily first thing in the morning
- Not forcing myself to run in a tempest, or snowstorm, or pelting rain.
- Changing my music
- Not even wearing my normal running kit…just going out there in whatever old comfy clothes I happen to be wearing that day
- Mixing up my fitness routine – be it walking or cycling or dancing
I hope it’s working. I definitely feel refreshed, and the mental exhaustion that was plaguing me before seems to be slowly clearing. No marathons for a while though, that’s for sure.